Firefox 4.0 - Error: Printing applet not found.
The UK Mail website is used to log and then print labels. This worked fine with Firefox 3.6. It no longer works since upgrading to Firefox 4.0. The error message received is 'Error: Printing applet not found.' Printing works fine using Safari. I use a Mac. OS X 10.5.8
Additional System Details
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I have had this issue as well.
Solution (xp fix) - Goto control panel and addremove programs. - You want to remove all the java components on your computer. - After uninstalling java go back to the ukmail site. - Goto printer configuration and it will prompt you to install java. - Let it install java. After this it should pick up your local printer.
Hope this helps for you as it did for me.
Modified by Sorj
I checked for software updates for my Mac, there was a Java update in amongst others. After the software update, it seems to be OK now.