How do I reinstall the previous version of Firefox (v.3.6.16)?
I just installed Firefox 4. Norton Toolbar (5.5) is not compatible. Therefore, I would like to revert back to the previous version of Firefox (I believe it was 3.6.16) but do not know how to do it.
Chosen solutionby sunveer
To downgrade to Firefox 3.6 first uninstall Firefox 4, but do not select the option to "Remove my Firefox personal data". If you select that option it will delete your bookmarks, passwords and other user data.
You can then install the latest version of Firefox 3.6 available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html - it will automatically use your current bookmarks, passwords etc.
To avoid possible problems with downgrading, I recommend going to your profile folder and deleting the following files if they exist - extensions.cache, extensions.rdf, extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite and localstore.rdf. Deleting these files will force Firefox to rebuild the list of installed extensions, checking their compatibility, and reset toolbar customizations.
For details of how to find your profile folder see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/ProfilesGo to answer 83
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I hate it too. Unnecessarily complicated. The features I liked and used a lot disappeared and I can't even find them now. I reverted back to 3.6 which works fine for me. We should be able to keep the version we prefer.
I do not have any problem with the internet service. iYogi is a service that I have much confidence in and they have handled all my problems quite sufficiently.
Good for iYogi!
Hi , On vista , click start at end of screen , type mozilla, and your 2 versions appear, click on firefox 3.6 and install, that's it , your back to normal, lost nothing, and every thing works the way it was !!! good luck, fire fox is brill, but don`t know why 4 is not working well, 3.6 is great !