How do i change firefox rc4's default search engine? i want google but it has yahoo
how do i change my default search engine (keyword search engine) to google? when i installed ff4rc it changed to yahoo but i dont want that.
I looked in the normal help files but what was there didn't work.
Chosen solutionby the-edmeister
The value for keyword.URL for Google should be:Read this answer in context 132
try this : 1. go to the address bar: 2. type "about:config" click on "I will be careful - I promise" 3. in the filter type “browser.search.defaultenginename” 4. Double click it and change the value to "Google" 5. Restart the browser and try making a search.
Hope this resolves your issueGo to answer 89
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i installed ff4rc
- Zylom Plugin
- Pando Web Installer
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
For my computer it was my D-Link router. Follow this link http://www.hacksparrow.com/dlinksearch-hijacks-browser-disable-dlinksearch-com-search.html
I have find the solution for this problem at : http://www.techispot.com/tips-and-tricks/change-search-engine-of-firefox
This is amazing. Thanks.
Many thanks I have been trying to do this for weeks, had to change two lines old search was "my search" that downloaded when I downloaded another web page thanks again and so simple to do.
Modified by movalian
firefox uses yahoo as search engine on about:home i would like to change this to google i tried everything posted here but nothing works plese help
firefox does use google in the address bar i use an add-onn for this named instant fox
i downloaded firefox beta and now the search engine is google
I am having the best reply. Firstly i was also having this problem. Now you get rid of all this mess (i feel)........
1. Type 'about:config' in the address bar
2. Press enter/return key
3. Click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!'
4. type 'browser.search.defaultthis.engineName'
5. change/modify the value to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q='
7. change/modify the value to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q='
8. type 'browser.search.defaultenginename'
9. change/modify the value to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q='
10. type 'browser.search.selectedEngine'
11. change/modify the value to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q='
12. After doing all this restart firefox and get rid of the problem
sit back and enjoy dude :)
hi... try this. go to the url bar type about:config and accept "i ll be careful-i promise". look for keyword.url . double click on keyword.url . copy this link http://www.google.co.in/search?&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q= and paste it into it... it will change your search engine to google.. thanks.
This post will tell you how: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-firefox-4-address-bar-search-engine-provider/
To stop the address bar changing from Google to Yahoo disable the McAfee site adviser the site adviser has away of changing the default search engine.
This link has simple method to add google as default search engine in ie. [http://ajoeblk.blogspot.in/2012/06/how-to-set-google-as-default-search....]