Search bar not working
When I type something in the Search Bar and hit Enter, nothing happens. Nothing also happens when I click on the magnifying glass. I can type something in the Awesome Bar to search, and that seems to work fine.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I first started using Firefox 4 RC
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
You can also try to delete search.sqlite and search.json in the Firefox Profile Folder
That happens when a Adobe pdf file is open in a firefox tab. Close down the pdf and try again.