How do I delete the Pogo game - web search tab from my Firefox toolbar?
Every time I open Firefox is goes to pogo.com as my home page even though I've told it I want charter as my home page. I change it under tools but once I close Firefox it resets to Pogo. I want to get rid of the pogo completely.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After I downloaded a game from pogo.com
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I uninstalled the game and the pogo through my add or remove programs but it did not get rid of the pogo.
IM having to same problem. I am going to try to erase the the cache and cookies
I was able to remove pogo start page and pogo display on 'new tabs'. I manually reset my home page to what I wanted it to be in the 'Options' menu. Then I went into 'Extensions' and also into 'Plugins'. I removed and / or disabled anything that said Oberon and Gamesbar. I also deleted cookies, etc. You will have to restart Firefox after doing these steps. After that, my Home page stayed, and I did not see pogo when I opened a new tab. I hope this helps. Take care. JT