How do I clear "recently bookmarked" while retaining the bookmarks?
Despite clearing all recent history (by checking all the category boxes), if anything was bookmarked it remains in the menu item under "Bookmarks," sub-head, "Recently Bookmarked." How can it be removed from Recently Bookmarked while keeping it in the saved bookmarks?
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Cor-el; wouldn't deleting "That smart bookmark"as you mentioned and which, I assume refers to "Recently Bookmarked" folder, delete all the bookmarks within that folder hence, deleting the bookmarks everywhere else?
You only remove bookmarks if you delete bookmarks in a smart folder. If you delete that folder then you delete the smart bookmark and not the bookmarks in the list. A smart bookmark is a query and the result of the query is shown as the content of such a folder. A long as such a gives a result then you see content in the folder, so the only way not to see those bookmarks is to remove the smart bookmark.
cor-el, thanks for the clarification and precise description of what needs to be known.
I sincerely appreciate your contribution and time you take to address issues at this forum.