How do I uninstall inbox.com on a Mac
This program is suppose to allow videos on my computer - It does not permit live programs. Toolbar always comes up when I open Firefox Browser. I want to remove it!
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I installed Inbox.com on a Mac, but can only find uninstall for windows computers
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
You should be able to find it in Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions and disable or uninstall it.
We had the hardest time getting rid of the inbox toolbar on our mac. We tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting all the add-ons, and it still wouldn't go away. We FINALLY got rid of it by doing the following:
- Quit Firefox
- While holding down the Option key, click to open Firefox
- This will open up a window that gives you the option to restart Firefox in safe mode and restore some stuff
- I checked the first 2 and last 2 boxes on the little menu that popped up to disable all add-ons, reset toolbars and controls, reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults and restore default search engines
- Clicked "Make Changes and Restart"
Tada! Hasta la vista, Inbox.toolbar
Modified by jcmartin
Go to Firefox preferences > general tab > add-ons. Click on 'Manage Add-Ons' and select Uninstall. Restart firefox.
jc martins approach to the Inbox problem was an excellent solution for Toolbar removal. Works great!
thanks -cd mulford-
JCMartin's solution to getting rid of the Inbox tool bar worked like a charm - Thanks
Modified by doleah
I've managed to uninstall via Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions thanks Gryllida. But I still have the problem that MaryWitter describes ie. inbox.com comes up in my search bar even though theoretically it's not supposed to be there. I don't seem to get the same window up that jcmartin found successful (I'm on mac 10.6.7) so I can't try that option. Any other ideas?
I contacted inbox.com and they said (although it was able to install) "Please note that our program is only compatible with Windows platform that is why uninstall instructions are only available for Windows."
I'm going to answer my own question in case it is helpful to anyone! The search bar you can clear by clicking on the arrow Manage Search Engines - highlight - Remove The URL you can remove by Firefox preferences - general tab - start up - home page - Restore to Default. Yipee hope it helps someone else too. No more toolbar downloads for me....
Jcmartins review worked 100% fine for me. here is what it said:
uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting all the add-ons, and it still wouldn't go away. We FINALLY got rid of it by doing the following:
1. Quit Firefox 2. While holding down the Option key, click to open Firefox 3. This will open up a window that gives you the option to restart Firefox in safe mode and restore some stuff 4. I checked the first 2 and last 2 boxes on the little menu that popped up to disable all add-ons, reset toolbars and controls, reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults and restore default search engines 5. Then Click "Make Changes and Restart"
Tada! Hasta la vista, Inbox.toolbar :)
nope. doesn't work
- 1 'type this into the url toolbar: about:config
- 2 a loooong list will pop up
- 3 search for: inbox
- 4 click reset
good bye inbox messing up my search engine!
Modified by amanda.1992
Well, after trying some of the above, it is still there lurking in the background. A lot of the earlier ideas are for an older version of OS X. I am using 10.7.3.