Settings: I want my Firefox to speak to me in ENGLISH, but it switches automatically to my country/regional setting, i.e. French! Where do I change this?
The main welcome page is in French but I want everything in English! I found a feature in "tools" where I can set my preferred languages, and I chose the 3 languages I use daily: English, German, French. But suddently, in the middle, everything switches back into French. It is quite simply annoying. NB: I live in Geneva, Switzerland, an internationsl city, where lots and lots of people ONLY speak English, but the country has 3 official langues, which are French, German and Italian.
Chosen solutionby cor-el
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Thanks a lot, very helpful, this solved the problem! Also, the search results now pop up in English first. B.