how can I stop firefox from preventing pages to automatically redirect to another page
When I go to a bookmarked web site, I get the message (firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page) I can click on (allow) and it will go to page I want but it is irritating to have to keep doing this. How can I resolve this
Chosen solutionby cor-el
See: Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"Read this answer in context 38
The preferences option is global. I want to be able to turn this on/off for each page.Go to answer 11
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
See: Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
The preferences option is global. I want to be able to turn this on/off for each page.
It is an accessibility feature and not a security feature to prevent redirecting.
- NoRedirect: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/11787
I am aware of the feature
'Advanced' - 'General' - 'Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page'
and how it can be used as a security feature to prevent redirection.
However, will a Firefox, in a future version, include the option 'Always' for specific sites similar to
'Security' - 'Warn me when sites try to install add-ons' - Exception button, where one can chose which sites are exempt from the settings etc?
Modified by kmor
This didn't work for me. It only seems to take away the banner that announces that Firefox has prevented the re-direct, but it doesn't actually allow the redirection. Now I can't sign in to my ISP account because it won't redirect from the sign-in page.
Your "solution chosen" is no solution at all.
Wot?? Since when did "turn on" or "turn off" become the best way to manage this issue?
Users NEED the option to disable the feature by site.
Golly, this single dumbdown in the last Firefox upgrade has me looking for a REPLACEMENT.