Firefox won't save my login ID's or PW's even with it set to.
Every time I close out of Firefox, all websites (except Yahoo) that I choose to retain my login ID and password do not. When I check the page info it indicates that I'd never been to the site but also shows the retain password check box is selected.
Additional System Details
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.4
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
- Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
- You need an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep that cookie, especially for secure websites and if you let cookies expire when Firefox closes
- Make sure that you do not use Remove recent browsing, search and download history to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and password exceptions.
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite and cookies.txt, if they exist, in the Profile Folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing - Browse the web without saving information about the sites you visit mode
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"
If you are trying to save your Yahoo ID in a 2nd open browser window, like when you try to login at flikr and it opens the login page in a smaller broswer window, it will not save. But, if you go to yahoo's main page and login it will ask to save your password... save it. Then when you go bak to flikr and try to login, your name and password will be there automatially.