Firefox wont load on aspire one linux it says already running close or restart, but it isnt running
On an acer aspire one firefox will not open. It thinks that firefox is already running and says close program or restart but retarting does not clear problem. Firefox is not running as far as I can make out by checking processes that are runnin. Not that good with linux though so dont know what else to check.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.5.15 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Is there still a (default) profile folder present?
There is a fix for this issue with Firefox 2 on an Acer Aspire One (Linpus Lite) here: http://linuxforums.org.uk/netbooks/acer-aspire-one-linpus-lite-firefox-web-browser-wont-open/
Including instructions to install Firefox 4: http://linuxforums.org.uk/netbooks/install-firefox-4-on-an-acer-aspire-one-running-linpus-lite-linux/
Modified by PCNetSpec
You need the instructions on this page: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/installing-firefox-3-on-acer-aspire-one.html
It's brilliant - there's also a link for getting firefox 4 working (should you want to) on an Acer Aspire netbook.
New instructions for installing Firefox 5 on an Acer Aspire One running Linpus Lite Linux, can be found here:
New instructions for installing Firefox 6 on an Acer Aspire One running Linpus Lite Linux, can be found here:
New instructions for installing Firefox 7 on an Acer Aspire One running Linpus Lite Linux can be found here: