How to upgrade/install firefox for Solaris 10 on Sparc 64?
I just installed Solaris 10 on a SunBlade 100, as soon as I completed the install and I opened Firefox. The system asked me to upgrade to the latest version of Firefox, I downloaded the file to the Desktop, then expanded the file into "/usr/lib/firefox/" overriding the older firefox that was there. Then I created a symbolic link to "/usr/bin/". Now, Firefox doesn't work at all, no matter what I do, if I click the icon on the Desktop, or click the Firefox icon on the Launch menu, or if I issue commands from the terminal like "./firefox" nothing works.
Any ideas? Any and all help will be really appreciated.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
after I downloaded and expanded the tar ball to "/usr/lib/firefox"
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Version 0.8.6h, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.7.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
I cannot even start Firefox now, I am posting this question from a Windows computer.
Hi guys, I also had this situation and since I was not able to convert the package to a datastream, I downloaded it from http: //www. sunfreeware. com/mozilla .html
They also provide some readme files that can be of help.
Once you have the datastream package you can install using pkgadd utility.