I am unable to edit bookmarks neither in the "organize bookmarks" menu nor in the bookmark tab (star) itself. I followed suggestions for another user to delete cookies, clear the cache and uninstall themes.
My theme is the default and I have not installed add-ons. Everything I am using in Firefox 3.6.12 is exactly what Firefox added. Prior to installing Firefox 3.6, I had no problem whatever.
PLEASE, help! If necessary, I suppose I could go back to an earlier version of Firefox.
Chosen solutionby cor-el
This can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.Read this answer in context 0
Thank you for posting that, stevoman, turns out that's exactly what was going on with me. I really like the mcafee siteadvisor, I use it all the time, so I hope they can fix this glitch.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Show in Finder
This can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
Thank you, so much, Cor-el. I had to rebuild the profile which seems to have corrected the problem (fingers crossed) for now, anyway.
Thank you, again, for pointing me in the right direction!
I wasn't getting the edit window when I double clicked on the bookmark star. Add-ons can cause this problem. When I disabled my "Mcafee Site Advisor" add-on the problem went away. One way to disable an add-on is to go to Tools/Add-ons/pick an add-on/then select disable. Then you must select the "Restart Firefox" button for the change go take effect. The restart button will give you the option to restart and reload your existing tabs, which helps alot .
Thank you for posting that, stevoman, turns out that's exactly what was going on with me. I really like the mcafee siteadvisor, I use it all the time, so I hope they can fix this glitch.