How do I remove a bookmark separator?
I want to sort my bookmarks alpahbetically. When I do this it is successfull except for the items that are below bookmark separators. How do I remove these so that all of my bookmarks can be sorted alpahabetically in one group?
Many thanks David
Modified by cs301dm
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.8.6f, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You can remove separators in the right pane in the Library (Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks).
- SortPlaces: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/9275
And where the heck is "the right pane in the Library" ? Where is the Library itself ?
Don't try going to the link mentioned : If you are a computer expert you might be able to understand if, but otherwise good luck.
Is there someone who can give us instructions that a lay person can follow ? My Bookmarks are loaded with separators I would love to be able to delete.
In current Firefox versions use Firefox > Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
[locking thread due to the age] If you have further questions then please start a new thread.
Then you can also provide troubleshooting information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.