I cannot get Firefox to save my organized Panorama 'pages'
After creating my various Panorama tab-groups, they work fine.. BUT when I exit Firefox 4, and re-start Firefox, all my Panorama groups are gone. Is there a way to save my groups? or is Firefox supposed to automatically save them upon exiting Firefox? Or...?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6
Bug 588217 This feature is not built into 4 beta6. Would be resolved in the forthcoming beta versions.
Thank you... I was going nutz trying to get things to work.. (^_^)
Noted. I have been automatically saving Firefox tabs on exit--but it makes Firefox very slow to start. BUT I have just found that the ALPHA version of Chrome Sugar (now no longer under development) ALREADY saves the panorama/candy/sugar stuff without saving the actual tabs--in other words, it works as expected and already is a useful app. Or am I missing something in my Firefox settings? I love Firefox, BTW (FF4beta6 it is my default browser)--I just want Panorama to work.
Try BarTab: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/67651/
Thanks for this excellent suggestion--sorry it took me so long to find your reply!
This issue -- panorama not being saved between sessions-- is still present in the FF 4 release candidate for me (Mac OS X Snow Leopard)
Firefox keeps crashing & I lose all my tab groups as well. Session manager helps.
Now if I could just get FF not crash so much.
Make sure you have the restore last tabs options selected in general options tab.