NOT ABLE TO UNINSTALL BING TOOLBAR
Yesterday the Bing tool bar was above my Firefox browser window and there was an empty space above it where there had been my Google toolbar. Also Google was no longer listed as a search engine in the drop down list that is to the right of the address bar. I selected Addons from the toolbar menu to delete the Bing toolbar but that button was greyed out. I could only disable it. I closed Firefox and went to my control panel under Add/Remove programs but there is no listing for Bing.
Somehow Bing has replaced Google and I don't know how to return it to the way it was.
Additional System Details
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I want to remove the Bing Bar from my addons, but the bing bar has been blocked, which also seems to remove all possibility of uninstalling it. I want it GONE. It is not in add/remove programs. It is not in profiles and it is not anywhere on my computer that I can find by searching for about a dozen different MSN/Bing etc names. But is shows up as being blocked in my addons and it is still visible in my plugins. Please, Please, Please tell me how to get rid of this useless c**p before I resort to a full erase and reinstall of windows. Surely someone out there is clever enough to figure out a way to delete a blocked addon.