What is Firefox Setup 3.6.10(2).exe and is it necessary?
What is the function of Firefox Setup 3.6.10(2).exe and is it necessary?
When I logged into Windows Live Hotmail today, I received a message to upgrade my Firefox browser by installing this programme. I am unable to find out any information about it on the Mozilla website.
I have downloaded to file, but am hesitant about installing it until I know more about it.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
Today 5 September 2010
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1
That probably means you downloaded the setup file twice. The setup file is called Firefox Setup 3.6.10.exe, but if this file already exists, a second one called Firefox Setup 3.6.10(2).exe will be created.