What version of Firefox will work with Mac OS 10.3.9 (I'm CPU limited)
I have an older Mac G4 which will not work on systems beyond 10.3.9 (Panther) which version of Firefox should I download. How do I find the download
You can get the English US version of Firefox 126.96.36.199 from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/188.8.131.52/mac/en-US/Go to answer 8
Bob Novy, see the link in the post just above yours.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
Trying to improve web access
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Adobe SVG Viewer v3.0 for Macintosh
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/220.127.116.11
The last version that works on OS X 10.3.9 is the one that you have, later versions require OS X 10.4
Unfortunately, I'm writing about a second computer which does not presently have Firefox. I presume that means Firefox 18.104.22.168. Will the download area control the process?
You can get the English US version of Firefox 22.214.171.124 from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/126.96.36.199/mac/en-US/
Where O Where do I get a version of Firefox/Mozilla that works with Mac OS X v10.3.9? [Please learn that I'm in No Hurry to upgrade my computer. It has 640 MB of RAM.]
My eldest brother added 512 MB. Before with 128 MB, my Mac used Virtual Memory a-whole lot, but it _never_ failed! :-)
You can contact me by email at BobNovy@aol.com. Thank you.
Bob Novy, see the link in the post just above yours.