Why do some web pages show as a blank page?
Some web pages show up white, blank. Example, I can view this page: http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?c=school&q=meridian&state=ID But then I select a school rating to go to another page and it shows as a blank white page, example: http://www.greatschools.org/ads/interstitial.page?adslot=search&passThroughURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greatschools.org%2Fschool%2FparentReviews.page%3Fid%3D437%26state%3DID
This happens with a lot of web pages.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4
If you have RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension, disable/remove the RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension in the RealPlayer Preferences (RP: Tools > Preferences > Download & Recording) . Restart Firefox and test.
See Noah_SUMO's illustrated answer in this thread if the above is not clear: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/557689#threadId558168
The RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension adds some extra features like saving media files.
Be sure not to get confused with the RealPlayer plugin (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) that plays media files.
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/557689? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/459823 https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/446905? https://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=472596 http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/461211 http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/376867
Other Issues: ~~red:You have installed plug-ins with known security issues. You should update them immediately.~~
Update Java: your ver. 1.6.0.07; current ver. 188.8.131.52 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Firefox 3.6 and above requires Java 184.108.40.206 and above; see: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Java-related+issues#Java_does_not_work_in_Firefox_3_6 ) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
I do not have RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension. So, disabling that probably is not an option. Also, in the RealPlayer preferences (download & recording) the Enable box was not ticked, so nothing for me to change there. I did update Java though. Still, I am having the same problem. What else do you suggest? I do notice I cannot install an updated version of Adobe Flash Player (not sure if this is related) so I'm off to try to uninstall the versions on this computer now and then try to reinstall, etc.
Sorry...Anonymous is the same Lachlin