Why can't I connect to Gmail?
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox 3.6.3 fails to connect to gmail.com even though the ping and routetr work fine.
I've tried clearing my cache, flushing the DNS, dropping firewall, etc. The problem occurs with other browsers too.
If this happens in other browsers, there is either an issue with your computer, or your internet connection. What does ping receive as the IP of mail.google.com?
Yes, Internet Explorer works, Firefox 3.6.3 does not! Have VNC control of another computer on a different ISP and the problem is duplicated. Firefox 3.6.3 is screwed up with gmail.