How do I remove ad banners appearing above the internet pages?
I have annoying banner ads appearing above the web pages I visit. How do I get rid of them? I tried scanning for viruses and deleting cookies. What else can I do?
Not sure how often
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Office Live Update v1.4
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I tried Ad Block plus, it blocks all advts even on all the sites I browse....I do not want the adverts on the web pages to be blocked....
I have a problem with the ads which show on top of the web page which I open .....These advts do not show everytime...These are unwanted advts which po up on top of the webpage...
Could you pls assist>>???Thanks again...
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Modified by cor-el
I too have this, just started this morning.
On top of all web pages, I see new banner, with adverts, 4 pictures on left hand side then large wide animated gif with x to close.
Where has this come from and how can I remove it perminately.....
Did you try the Malware check that cor-el recommended?