Cannot load 3.6 - disk image failed to mount - reason: corrupt image
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-in
- Adobe SVG Viewer v3.0 for Macintosh
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Message pops up after trying to load: "The following disk image failed to mount. Reason: corrupt image."
Firefox 3.0+ versions need MacOSX 10.4 or higher. Which version do you have?
I have 10.3 so will upgrade to 10.4 before trying to upload Firefox 3.6. Thanks. Bill
I am running 10.4 and still have this problem. I've downloaded the image from Mozilla twice with the no luck. I've repaired permissions per the advice of the interwebs. Anyone have another suggestion? I really need a copy of Firefox on my G3 Clamshell. Thanks!
- Firefox 4 versions and later do not run on a PowerPC Mac.
- Firefox 4 and later require at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
For an unofficial Firefox 4 compatible version (TenFourFox) that runs on PowerPC Macs with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Firefox 3.6.x (Mac OS X 10.4 and later) can be found here: