Here's an overview of all the great new features included in the Firefox OS 1.1 upgrade.
- Not sure what version of Firefox OS you have? Here's how to find out.
- Learn how to check for updates and install them.
Table of Contents
Improved Messages app now has MMS features
- Add pictures, audio and video to your messages - just tap the paperclip button to the left of the message field.
- Chat with a whole group - use the contacts button to add multiple people to a message.
- Type a URL in a message and it automatically becomes a working link that will open in the browser.
To learn more, see How to use the Messages app
Download files from the browser
- Long-tap on a music, image or video file to download it to the Music, Gallery or Video app. For the details, see How do I download music, photos and videos from the browser?.
Adaptive Search now on the home screen
On some devices with Firefox OS v1.1, Adaptive Search has moved to the home screen. Just unlock your phone and it's right there - no need to swipe to the right. Learn how it works.
Search your music
- Pull down on any screen in the Music app to reveal the new search bar. For more, see Play music on Firefox OS.
Import contacts from more places
- Now you can import contacts from Gmail, Outlook and Hotmail.
- Easily add new contacts from phone calls, messages or email.
To learn how, see Import, add and manage contacts on Firefox OS.
Share files over Bluetooth
- Bluetooth transfer is now available in the share menu of the Gallery and Video apps.
To learn how to pair a device and share files, see Enable Bluetooth on Firefox OS to send and receive files.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1eVYAiU