What happened to Firefox Home?
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Firefox Home was a free application that worked with Firefox Sync to give you instant access to your Firefox desktop history, open tabs and bookmarks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The Firefox Home iOS app is no longer available for download. If you currently have it installed it will continue to work for the time being.
While the app is still usable today, we can't say how long it will keep syncing information with your other devices. If you have difficulties with the app as it is today, here are some of the most common questions and issues.
I forgot my password
If you've forgotten your Firefox Sync password you can reset it.
This is something you have to do on your desktop.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Click on the tab.
- Click the arrow next to to reveal the Change Password menu.
- Click the sheet will slide downwindow will open. menu and a new password
- Enter your new password and then confirm it.
- Then click .
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window
I don't know where my Recovery Key is
I get a "Login Failure - Error Retrieving Data" message
If you get this error message, you may not have completely synced your Firefox data before trying to log in to Firefox Home. Using Firefox in Private Browsing mode, having Firefox set not to save history or quitting Firefox before it completely syncs for the first time can cause this error.
If you are using Private Browsing, disable it, reset your Sync data and re-add your devices to your Sync account. Then make sure you wait until Firefox has completely finished syncing your data before trying to log in to Firefox Home.
I get a "Cannot Sync - Failed To Communicate With Server" message
This message usually means that Firefox Home is having trouble connecting to the Firefox Sync server. This may be the result of one of the following:
- You are not connected to the Internet. Make sure you're connected to WiFi or in a location with good reception.
- Your WiFi access point or network requires a log in via a website. Some networks may appear to connect but require a log in before allowing in traffic. Open the web site on your iPhone in Safari and log in before trying to log in to Firefox Home.
- Your network is blocking access to the Firefox Sync servers. Please talk to your network administrator.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/12erkii