So you've just lost your device (sorry about that) and you realize you've been using Firefox Sync to get all of your usernames and passwords on it. This article describes what you should do to prevent someone from accessing your passwords.
First, change your sync password from a synced computer
This first step will prevent your lost phone from connecting to the sync server and getting all of the new passwords that you will have to create.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Click on the tab.
- Click the arrow next to to reveal the Change Password menu.
- Click the sheet will slide downwindow will open. menu and a new password
- Enter your new password and then confirm it.
- Then click .
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window
Second, change all of your account passwords from a synced computer
If you were protecting your device with a master password and are sure that Firefox is closed, that's all.
In other cases, do the following.
This part is more time consuming but vital. If you don't change the passwords for things like your bank account, it would still be possible for someone with your device to log in to your account.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/OaXWQh