Can't log in to Firefox Home App on iOS - What to do
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
If you’ve run into problems logging in to Firefox Home, this article will walk you through the solutions to specific error messages. If you are having other issues with Firefox Home, please see Fix login and data issues with Firefox Home for iOS.
Table of Contents
I get a "Login Failure - User Name Not Found" message
If you used the manual setup and you entered your information incorrectly you would see this message. If you are sure you've entered everything correctly, it could be that you need to update Firefox Home to the latest version. In that case:
- Open the Apple Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap in the lower right hand corner.
- There should be a Firefox Home update available. Tap the button to install it.
I get a "Login Failure - Error Retrieving Data" message
If you get this error message, you may not have completely synced your Firefox data before trying to log in to Firefox Home. Using Firefox in Private Browsing - Browse the web without saving information about the sites you visit mode, having Firefox set not to save history or quitting Firefox before it completely syncs for the first time, can cause this error.
If you are using Private Browsing, disable it and follow the steps to Replace your Sync information. Then make sure you wait until Firefox has completely finished syncing your data before trying to log in to Firefox Home.
I get a "Cannot Sync - Failed To Communicate With Server" message
This message usually means that Firefox Home is having trouble connecting to the Firefox Sync server. This may be the result of one of the following:
- You are not connected to the internet. Make sure you're connected to WiFi or in a location with good reception.
- Your WiFi access point or network requires a log in via a website. Some networks may appear to connect but require a log in before allowing in traffic. Open the web site on your iPhone in Safari and log in before trying to log in to Firefox Home.
- Your network is blocking access to the Firefox Sync servers. Please talk to your network administrator.
I forgot my password
If you've forgotten your Firefox Sync password you can reset it.
This is something you have to do on your desktop.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
- Click on the tab.
- Click the arrow next to to reveal the Change Password menu.
- Click the sheet will slide downwindow will open. menu and a new password
- Enter your new password and then confirm it.
- Then click .
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window
I don't know where my Sync KeyRecovery Key is
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MDdP1C