The Add-on Bar is a toolbar that holds all of your add-on shortcuts, giving you quick and easy access to their features. This article shows you how to use and customize the Add-on Bar.
Table of Contents
What does the Add-on Bar do?
The Add-on Bar sits at the bottom of the Firefox window and gives add-ons a place to put shortcuts and other widgets.
How do I show or hide the Add-on Bar?
If you don't have any add-ons that use the Add-on Bar, it won't be shown by default but you can easily show or hide it whenever you want.
- To show or hide the Add-on Bar, right-clickcontrol-click on an empty section of the Tab Strip and check or uncheck it in the pop-up menu.
- If the Add-on Bar is open already, you can close it by clicking on the close icon on the bar itself.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + /Command + /.
How do I customize the Add-on Bar?
You can customize the Add-on Bar the same way you customize any of the other Firefox toolbars:
- Right-clickControl-click on an empty section of the Tab Strip, select and the Customize Toolbar window will open.
- Drag and drop the items you want into the Add-on Bar.
- To add an item, drag it from the Customize Toolbar window onto the Add-on Bar where you want it to appear.
- To remove an item from the Add-on bar, just drag it to the Customize Toolbar window.
- To rearrange items, drag them into the order you want them to appear.
- When you are finished making changes, click to close the Customize Toolbar window and save your selections.
How can I rock my Firefox?
One of the best things about Firefox is that you can completely customize it to fit how you work. Rock Your Firefox is a great place to learn about add-ons and you can search through thousands of add-ons over at addons.mozilla.org. To learn more about add-ons, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
Try it out: If you're not already using add-ons, download a few that look interesting and try them out for a while. If your not happy with them, Disable or remove Add-ons will show you how to get rid of them.
What happened to the Status Bar?
Although the Add-on Bar looks similar to the old status bar, it doesn't have any of its features. The status bar at the bottom of the Firefox window has changed in Firefox 4 and some of its features have been moved to other places. See What happened to the Status Bar? for more details.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/LRw0lc