What to do if Firefox won't play any sounds
This article describes what to do when you can't hear sound in Firefox.
- Before using the instructions in this article, make sure other applications on your computer can play sounds. If Firefox is the only application that you can't hear, continue to the troubleshooting steps below.
- If you want Firefox to make a "click" sound effect when you click on a link, and to use other small sound effects when you browse web pages, try the Navigational Sounds extension.
- Open Firefox and play a video that should play sound, such as a video on this Firefox videos page.
- Click the volume icon in the Windows task bar.
- Click Mixer. The Volume Mixer window will appear.
- Make sure the Mozilla Firefox slider is not muted and is not at the bottom.
If you're still having trouble hearing sound, follow the instructions in the Fix common audio and video issues article.
Make sure other applications on your computer can play sounds. If Firefox is the only application that you can't hear sounds in:
- Try the solutions in Fix common audio and video issues.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MixXof