Page Info window - View technical details about the page you are on
The Page Info window gives you technical details about the page you're on. To open it:
- Click the Site Identity Button (the website’s icon to the left of its address) and click the button in the prompt.
Table of Contents
- 1 General
- 2 Media
- 3 Feeds
- 4 Permissions
- 5 Security
- Address: Displays the URL(Uniform Resource Locator) of the page you're visiting.
- Type: Displays the content type (MIME type) of the page you're visiting. This type is determined by the web server.
- Render Mode: Displays whether the page conforms to web coding standards (Standards compliance mode) or if Firefox must display the page in a way that is compatible with non-standard code (Quirks mode).
- Encoding: Displays what character encoding the page uses. This can be changed from the View menu.
- Size: Displays the size of the page in kilobytes (and bytes).
- Modified: Displays the date and time the page was last changed.
The Meta field displays any "meta" tags located in the page's source code. These can include specifications on file type, character encoding, author, keywords, and more.
Security information for this page
Displays general information on whether the site uses Certificates to validate its identity and whether the connection is encrypted. For more information, click the button, which takes you to the Page Info window Security panel.
The Media panel displays the URL and type of all the backgrounds, images, and embedded content (including audio and video) that loads with the page. You can click on any item to find out more about it including its:
- Location: The URL of the specified item
- Type: The file type of the specified item
- Size: The size in kilobytes (and bytes) of the specified item
- Dimensions: The size of the item on the screen in pixels
- Associated Text: For images, the "alternate" text that displays if the image is not loaded.
For any item, you can choose to save it to your hard drive by clicking thebutton.
Block Images from domain
Checking this option preference will prevent pages under the specified domain from loading images automatically. See the Options Preferences window - Content panel for instructions on how to add and remove image-loading permissions for sites.
The Permissions window lets you override optionspreferences for the domain listed after Permissions for. Uncheck the Use Default box to specify whether the page is allowed or blocked from doing the indicated action.
Specifies whether the listed domain may load images automatically. See the Options Preferences window - Content panel article for instructions on how to add and remove image- loading permissions for sites.
Open Pop-up Windows
Specifies whether the listed domain may launch pop-ups. See the Options Preferences window - Content panel article for instructions on how to add or remove pop-up permissions for sites.
Specifies whether the listed domain may set cookies. See the Options Preferences window - Privacy panel and cookies articles for instructions on how to add or remove pop-up cookie permissions for sites.
Install Extensions or Themes
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to launch the extension or theme installation dialog box. See the Options Preferences window - Security panel article for instructions on how to add or remove installation permissions for sites.
Specifies if Firefox is allowed to tell the listed domain where you're located, using Location-Aware Browsing.
Maintain Offline Storage
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to store offline content.
Web Site Identity
- Web site: Lists the domain of the page
- Owner: Displays the site's owner, if the page's identity can be verified.
- Verified by: Displays the agency that issued the security certificate the site uses if there is one. Click the button to see the certificate.
Privacy & History
- Have I visited this web site before today?: Displays whether you've visited the site before today, and if so, how many times.
- Is this web site storing information (cookies) on my computer?: Displays whether the site is storing cookies. Click the button to view the cookies if it is.
- Have I saved any passwords for this web site?: Displays whether you've saved login information for this site. Click the button to view the passwords you've saved for the site.
The Technical Details section displays whether the connection is encrypted for privacy reasons, and if so, what type or strength of encryption was used.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/Mk9DSW